Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)







Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Am I a Failure?

My coupons are piling up on a chair in the dining room! I haven't shined my sink in over a week! My menu planner is upside down on the counter, empty! The list can go on for miles. It seems that I am so easily distracted. I start so gung-ho and then my sizzle turns to a fizzle.

My heart stays in the game but this sinful body, where my heart resides, takes over. I pray that my heart will win out one day. I may have to wait until I meet my heavenly Father before I can say "today my body followed the dreams of my heart" and I did what I set out to do today.

My heart's desire is to be a woman after God's own heart. Just as God called King David "A man after God's own heart". I feel a kinship to David in all my struggles to live as a Christian. God's love for David gives me hope. I know that I am a daughter of the King of Kings; loved just as He loved David. God loves you too.

To answer my question, YES, I am a failure! But forgiven and loved by the most Holy of Holy's my (our) Father, Abba, Daddy, God.

Tomorrow is another day and I AM A SUCCESS AT STARTING OVER!

Want to know about my home church? Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

2 comments:

  1. Though my missteps are often and at times I stumble mightily, I believe the true key to faith is always re-entering the pathway and walking it again. Surely these fresh starts are part of a refiner's fire so that when the time comes we will enter His presence more purely, having well practiced the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Nancy! Yes we are all failures when measured against Christ...but through His sacrifice we are victorious! His Grace is SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete