Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Italian Bow Tie Bake

Ok, so I like to try new recipes. But, I have to admit I don't do it very often. As a result I tend to collect recipes and cook books. Well, when planning my menu for the end of April and into May I perused through a cook book and picked one and then tabbed a few others to try. Last week I actually remembered to get the ingredients needed onto my grocery list, into my buggy and home.

Being a very picky eater (and married to one) it can be difficult to find one I am brave enough to try. So, the experiment yesterday was Bow-Tie Pasta (ok can you believe I have never eaten or made it?).

Cook Book: Taste of Home; Casseroles, slow cookers & soups. (page 84)

Italian Bow Tie Bake

Prep: 20 Cook: 15 (OK that was a winning part too!!)

* 8 oz uncooked bow tie pasta
* 1 jar (16 oz) garlic and onion spaghetti sauce (I used sauce I canned 1 qt jar and sauce I froze 1 qt baggie - from my garden last year - the jarred was spaghetti sauce the baggie was tomato sauce. I liked having the extra sauce so that the 2nd day in the oven it was still moist.)
* 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
* 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. In a large bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and salad dressing mix. I also added 1 lb cooked ground beef with Italian seasonings. Add pasta, toss to coat.

Transfer to a greased shallow 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400' for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield 4 (for us it was more like 6 - 8 with the ground beef).

Enjoy - we did!!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy...actually I think I have made a variation on this...You can't go wrong with pasta, tomato sauce and cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I should try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete