Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)







Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thirsty Thursday

My friend Erin posted a "Thankful Thursday" and it reminded me to water my african violet. You see I have 2 very black thumbs. I never seem to be able grow any kind of plants and yet I have an african violet (ok, I admit I started out with 2 - tee hee) that will see it's second birthday in less than a month. I have repotted it once and do believe I need to do it again. But, on to Thirsty Thursday; you see another friend once suggested I water my "plants" on 'Water Wednesday' and if I forget (yes, I did, AGAIN) I need to take care of them on 'Thirsty Thursday'. I will admit that I on occasion have forgotten until 'Famished Friday'.

The recommendation actually was given when I received a plant from a friend in honor of Sarah's birth. I was terrified that if I let that plant die I would somehow jinx my little button. So, I cared for and nurtured and watered that plant. Amazing how when a plant is watered it grows and lives.

I am like a plant in need of water, The Living Water, just like the woman at the well. Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you the living water....Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:10b and 13-14 ESV

I am happy to know that although I have always considered myself to have only 2 black thumbs that I can learn the skill of having a green thumb. Today we started preparing the ground (did some rototilling) for my garden; it's second year. And my african violet was in beautiful blooms this last month. I am looking forward to the fruits of my labors with my garden too. The joys of living in the midwest. Oooo that is a great idea for a post, hmmmmm.

Just as I tend to my plants and garden, Jesus tends to me. Watering, nurturing, pruning etc... I am thankful He is willing to do and does on a daily basis. I will learn to soak Him up, the gardener of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment