Ephesians 2:8-10 ESV

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is a gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 (ESV)







Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It starts somewhere.

Hello!! So, is this how it starts? My first thoughts are; OK, so why would someone want to read this and what do I really want or need to say?

I want to start with number one, Jesus, my Lord and Savior. It humbles me so to think that He came just for me. Yes, you too; but that part makes sense to me and always has. You are wonderfully made! You are amazing! It was not shocking to me when I was young. I had NO doubt God loved me and sent His Son for me.

But, somewhere during my life (you know the sinful one I (we) live) I did loose that confidence. I doubted the greatness and fullness of my God. I sinned even more by thinking that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross somehow must not have been sufficient for me. How could I, poor miserable sinner, be deserving of His love. So great a love. But you know what, I am not deserving and yet I am covered by His grace. Covered by His blood. Saved not by anything I can do. Only saved by His washing by His blood. He is sufficient, He is all I need.

So, now the reason for my blog: To remind me that all I need is Him. My Lord and Savior; Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to read your blog. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C, Thanks so much!!! I, too, am inspired by your comment!!

    ReplyDelete